Thursday wasn’t the busiest night in Major League Baseball, but things will pick up on Friday.
By: Shane Lambert
There are a ton of games on the schedule for Major League Baseball on Friday and many of them offer value in my opinion. I’m targeting the favorites in four games to be played on Friday as a part of a parlay for Major League Baseball games.
Pick #1: Baltimore Orioles to beat Detroit Tigers (2-pt bet)
- The Orioles have won five straight while Detroit are just 1-9 in their last ten
- The game comes from Baltimore where the O’s are 14-5 on the year while Detroit are 10-10 when visiting
- Odds of -142 (5/7) with Bwin or SportingBet
Pick #2: Boston Red Sox to beat the Houston Astros (2-pt bet)
- Boston crushed Houston 11-1 on Thursday
- The Sox have won five straight while Houston .389 on the season
- Boston host and are 12-7 at home when the Astros are 4-12 on the road
- Odds of -145 (about 5/7) are available with William Hill
Pick #3: Cleveland Indians to beat Minnesota Twins (2-pt bet)
- Cleveland are just 8-5 at home but Minnesota are egregious on the road at 2-15 on the year as visitors
- Furthermore, the Twins have lost seven straight
- Odds of -160 (5/8) are available with William Hill
Pick #4: Philadelphia Phillies to beat the Cincinnati Reds (1.5-pt bet)
- Philly host and are 8-5 at home while Cincy are just 2-10 on the road
- Odds of -120 (5/6) are available with bet365
To get the odds parlayed you’ll have to use the same sportsbook, however the odds between sportsbooks are not generally too spread out. If you would like to add some length to the odds then a pretty good line is out there with William Hill on the Red Sox game. That firm has Boston at +145 (29/20) to cover a -1.5 run line spread.
If you want tips on more games without doing the work yourself, I have 1-pt bets on all of the following May 13th games: KC to beat Atlanta, the Mets to beat Colorado, St. Louis to beat Los Angeles, and San Francisco to beat the Arizona D’backs. The earliest start time for any game mentioned in this article is 7pm ET on Friday night.